Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Step by Step Guide Install Apache on Windows 7..........

First time I now about Apache is in 2000. I bought a few book about ASP programming and want to practice the code. My main problem is personal web server aka PWS not available for download and my study suddenly stop. No web server mean no media to process ASP code.
During my journey I found Apache web server that magically attract me to download and try perl code. “Hello world” script successfully executed and since that time I decide to use Apache for my learning friend together with PHP, MySQL and phpMyadmin.
This post is 1 st part of Home server setting. I start with how to install Apache on Windows 7.

Download Apache for Windows

At the moment Apache consist of 4 major version :

  1. Version 1.3.xx
  2. Version 2.0.xx
  3. Version 2.2.xx
  4. Version 2.3.xx
Get latest version of Apache from this URL.

Recommended version to use is version 2.2.xx . Download and save to my computer or other place.

Install Apache 2.2.17 On Windows 7

Double click installer file.
New installer wizard will show up, click Next.

License Agreement
Choose “I accept the terms in the license agreement
Click Next.

Read this First
Click Next.


You can enter “localhost” if you don’t know what to type.
Click Next.

ghjghjghj

Destination Folder
Change to C:\apache\ for easier maintenance by click Change button.
Click Next.

Ready to Install the Program
Click Install button when you’re ready to install and click Back if you want to change something.

Installation Wizard Completed
The Installation Wizard has successfully installed Apache HTTP Server 2.2.17.
Click Finish to exit the wizard.

Testing if Apache Work

Open web browser ( Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome ) and type this address :
http://localhost/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write Your Experience and Suggestion Please.